Self-confidence in padel
What is self-confidence?
It is the feeling that makes you BELIEVE IN YOU, in your possibilities and encourages you psychologically. It is a positive thought that you can do what you want to do. Self-confidence is the psychological skill that most influences individual and partner play. It is essential for winning matches. It is necessary to be able to achieve the personal goals you set for yourself
- Self-confidence helps to achieve personal goals and challenges we have set ourselves.
- Improving self-confidence keeps failure at bay and success closer to home.
- Practice and training helps a lot to gain self-confidence. It is arguably the best way to achieve our goals. Experience provides the player with situations he has already been through and he learns how to deal with them..
- It allows us to use the resource learned in the pressure match. As we said before, the experiences we have already had help us to know how to act in a situation..
- It takes away fear and mistrust during the game. It helps us to focus on what we are doing, we are doing it well.
- It is essential to be aware of our capabilities, virtues, defects, strengths, weaknesses, possibilities and limitations, and to be aware of all of them..
- Apply it not only in sport, but also in your personal and professional life. If we apply our self-confidence in all aspects of our life, we will achieve a fuller life, we will cope better with failure, we will know how to achieve success more easily..
Y... How to increase confidence?
- Being aware of our improvements. If we have improved through perseverance and experience, it should be acknowledged. If we have done well or not, we must be honest with ourselves.
- Training with consistency. As we say, this is one of the essential points. Without consistency, you can't notice a substantial improvement. We can't expect to be WPT players in a month.
- Improving our control and confidence in our technical resources. With practice we will improve our technique. Practicing with the padel racket is what we need to have better footwork, positioning, strategy, etc.
- Physical, technical, tactical and mental work. Don't think about anything other than the game. Keep a cool head, don't think we are better than anyone else or inferior to anyone else.
- Planning real and achievable goals. As we have said before, this is essential, we cannot want to be professional players in a short period of time.
- Knowing our level. Knowing our level and our achievable goals.
- Using self-dialogues and positive self-reinforcement.
- Winning matches and tournaments (watch out! overconfidence can turn into arrogance).
- Being ahead on the scoreboard. Winning always motivates us! But be careful not to be overconfident!
- Your partner has a two-way influence. It is a double-edged sword, if you see your partner demotivated, you can become demotivated, the same happens if you see your partner motivated.
- Talking to each other in a positive and respectful way.
- Maintaining positive body language.
- Putting problems aside during the game. We should be focused on the game, not thinking about other problems we have.
- With good results.
Self-confidence is transmitted to the partner during the game without our will. We both need to feel active and important during the game. If we keep a positive attitude, we make our partner feel better and more confident. The partner helps your self-confidence a lot! He/she encourages you in difficult and difficult moments. Do the same with your partner, don't let the pressure get to you, support your partner. If your partner believes in you, your self-confidence increases, you gain security, effectiveness, successes, you reduce mistakes, you gain control, emotional control... Remember
: a GREATER CONFIDENCE = GREATER PERFORMANCE Finally, GREATER CONFIDENCE AND SECURITY IN SELF = LESS DOUBT, INSECURITY, MISTAKES, MISTAKES, UNCONTROL OF SELF AND PARTNER. Find the book written by our contributor Jose Javier Remohi Ruiz aquí
José Javier Remohí Ruiz