READING IN THE WORLD OF PADEL
If we do not read, we do not know how to write, and if we do not know how to write, we do not know how to think. Juan José Arreola.
Reading is a necessary habit in our lives. It is necessary to read often to get a good reading comprehension. If we combine this reading with something we like, such as padel, the combination of these two elements can be very useful for the reader.
- Activity Superior to writing >> is the raw material to write.
- Learn from other authors >> provides information and knowledge.
- Words become thoughts >> READING CONDITIONS THINKING >> text is transmitted to our brain.
- It is intellectual work.
- It is a learning tool.
- It creates a MAC (Motivation, Attention and Concentration) environment for reading time.
- The words stimulate our consciousness to think:
|1º Read >>
||2º Think >>
||3º Create habits>> Reason Analyse Juzgar Observe Imitate
||4º To Learn: ✔ Language ✔ Vocabulary ✔ Actions ✔ Actions ✔ Behaviors ✔ Cultural baggage ✔ New knowledge
- WHEN YOU READ, YOU LEARN
- Reading should be present in sports and in your personal life.
- All reading leaves a mark.
- It is an entertaining and fun activity that should never be forgotten.
- It is a learning tool, but not the only one.
LEARNING TOOLS FOR FASTER PROGRESS IN PADEL
Padel is a very complex sport of two. It requires as many other sports of continued practice to progress in their learning. Learning is not only achieved with practice, but something more
is needed. It is clear that training is the most essential
and that leads to gradual improvement, but we can advance a little faster if we use these four tools:
It consists of reading carefully a good padel book with motivation and interest (here we leave you an essential suggestion "THE ESSENTIAL OF PADEL"), what do we get with it?
- READ A GOOD PADEL BOOK
It is important to choose a visual book, with a practical and easy to read approach, attractive, with clear and concise ideas, with illustrations that accompany the text, with the right words and avoiding junk text, using a technical language, but at the same time close to all audiences and, finally, with a complete and essential content of this sport to be able to take it to the track. This way we manage to increase your motivation for reading and your interest in learning through a good book.
- Understanding, applying and clarifying technical, tactical, psychological and physical preparation aspects (the 4 pillars)
- Remembering essential ideas that we had forgotten.
- Compare what we do with what we have to do in practice to correct mistakes.
- Assimilate and adapt concepts
- Gain knowledgeof the game and the world of padel.
- Inform of other ideas and activities related to this sport.
- To clarify doubts about the game and rules.
- To think in order to act.
- Be the protagonist of the sport action and get inside yourself.
It consists of watching a match live or on screen. What do we watch?
- WATCHING A MATCH
- The movements and positions on the court.
- Observe the shots in each zone (defense and attack).
- Your decision making.
- The counter-attacking strikes and when they are performed.
- When to go up to the net, what type of volleys they use and where they direct them.
- How they attack from the baseline.
- Cover the spaces (in attack and defense).
- Recovering the holding position.
- Their movements and postural control.
- Read correctly the ball. Follow the trajectory of the ball and its trajectory.
- Bounces, effects, ball exits...
- The tactic
- Their behavior and attitude.
- The specific warm-up.
- What they do during breaks.
- How they communicate, their gestures...
- Their routines and strategies.
- How they motivate themselves individually and towards their partner.
- The Gestures, actions, body language...
3.- PRACTICAL CLASSES WITH A QUALIFIED COACH
A coach is essential and his classes will provide us with a practical approach, where we will try to capture many of the aspects read and observed. What will he provide us with?
D >> Demonstrate, E >> Explain -- P >> Practice with exercises and carts, C >> Correct
- A coach should explain briefly, demonstrate, make us practice with exercises and correct mistakes and vices. Remember the following acrostic "DE-PC"
- The information you communicate must be clear, direct, constant, short, appropriate to their level of play, tone... but also take care of non-verbal communication.
- During the class your maximum "MAC" (Motivation Aattention and Cconcentration) put on the student. To this end avoid using the cell phone during class.
- The keys of a good coach are: motivates, trains, observes, corrects, communicates, innovates, adapts activities, committed to the task, delivered with enthusiasm, plans, updated with information from the world of padel, collaborator, loves his work ... In short, drives to a continuous learning as individualized as possible, where you get to discover new skills and abilities.
- Also, it has to be a psychologist who helps to extract their maximum potential and achieve their goals.
- Remember: large classes avoid progress, not correcting does not help to improve, avoid the same or repeated exercises, explanations must be brief to make the most of the time, avoid suspending a class except for an urgent reason, the price must be coherent with the market and your services...
Use the audiovisual recording resources of trainings, matches and classes to analyze our strikes, technique, displacements, movements on the court, your gestures with yourself and with your partner, non-verbal communication, common tactics used...
Remember that we analyze our actions and gestures to realize our mistakes and vices, and thus be able to change them as quickly as possible achieving an improvement in our game. It is very advisable to see ourselves recorded and collect as much information, even once a year to acquire information, since it is very difficult for us to play and pay attention to our gestures, postures, actions and body language at the same time.
This tool will help us to observe that we have inadequate gestures, which we perform automatically, without being aware of them, and that clearly we must change them so that they do not affect the game. Remember that there will also be strong points that we will have to enhance. The option of being able to watch the games once recorded, allows us to make a more exhaustive and correct analysis of all our actions and focus our training.
It is good to be self-taught
, but it is highly recommended to use a good padel book, as well as watching matches, recordings and taking lessons with a good coach. Remember that we can only change if we consciously recognize beforehand what we are doing wrong. Therefore, the objectives of using these means of learning
- Improve and raise my level of play (something that worries padel players a lot).
- Increase confidence inside the court.
- Enjoy more of the sport and the competition.
- Play more andwinmore matches.
- Correct mistakes, bad habits and vices in order to progress.
- Increase my mental strength on the court.
- Progress faster and in less time in my learning.
- Feel better about myself for my evolution, increasing my self-esteem.
- Improve our "CAM": Concentration, Aattention and Mmotivation.
Remember that the learning process is gradual
and requires, essentially, practice, but also reading a good book, taking lessons and watching matches with observation, concentration, attention and motivation. It is clear that, if we can not afford to pay a voucher for practical classes, the other 3 tools assume a fundamental role, so you have to know how to choose a good padel book and the matches you want to visualize or record.
José Javier Remohí Ruiz