Motivation in padel
1º What is motivation? This term refers to the degree of interest in carrying out an activity, the engine that drives us to action.
That distinctive factor that helps to make something that we like and completes us as people. When we are passionate about something, we are motivated by that something. In this case, we are all passionate about padel. This motivates us to want to improve our game more and more, to play and to know more about this world. Of course this term is influenced by the psychological variable.
Some psychological variables depend on motivation:
Effort = ATTITUDE + WILL
- Fighting spirit
- Ability to overcome
- Increased practice
- Interest in learning and improvement
- Positive attitude
The greater the psychological variable, the greater the motivation. The factors we have highlighted above are essential for improving our attitude. If we feel better psychologically, we get a greater motivation when we see that it gets better.
This motivation has to be equal and shared by our partner. This is how we achieve better results as a couple.
There are 2 types of motivation:
Conclusion: achieve an intrinsic motivation to avoid abandoning the practice and make it last over time.
- Intrinsic: depends on internal factors: I enjoy it, I like it, I'm passionate about it...
- Extrinsic: it depends on external factors: the doctor tells me, friends, for health...
- Motivation can make the difference between winning and losing.
- Avoid demotivation by playing with lower level opponents >>time to set tactical goals, improve technical resources, impose your rhythm, improve the connection and rapport between the couple...
- Focus the motivation on the task, the learning and not on the result or success.
- Take advantage of moments to play with higher level partners to be more motivated.
- Be aware of these variables to increase our motivation.
Now reflect and try to improve your motivation, as you will have more attitude in the game. Remember that knowledge and skills add up, but your attitude multiplies to succeed.
José Javier Remohí Ruiz